Chinese Maggi is something that combines the goodness of both Chowmein and Maggi. But first, let’s talk about Maggi. As a child, have you also had Maggi while watching your favorite TV-show? I sure did that. It was my daily routine after coming home from school. No matter how many times we got scolded for having it, still we did not care. It was and still is our favorite dish ever. Even in college hostels when someone would cook Maggi, then the whole hostel would come to their room by following its mouth-watering magical aroma.
Let’s revisit those school or college days and try a new Maggi recipe! This is Chinese Maggi. We are going to make it in the style of Chowmein. Don’t worry, it is really easy. And I am sure, you will like it just the way you like your good old Maggi. Stir fried vegetables with soya sauce, vinegar, and red chili sauce will add an extra oomph to the dish. On top of it, the superb Maggi masala adds the richness of flavor and enhances the color of the noodles. It is the best recipe to make for a small gathering or party. And trust me, your efforts will be appreciated a lot. Everyone loves Maggi and when they see it in this form, they will fall head over heels for it.
Many street vendors and restaurants in Delhi serve Chinese Maggi. It is actually really popular among foodies. But today you don’t have to go to Delhi or anywhere outside to have this dish. We are going to prepare it at home with minimal ingredients that you have available in your kitchen at the moment. If you don’t have any ingredients, feel free to skip it. Don’t worry, it will still taste good. So, let’s begin with the recipe!
Chinese Maggi Recipe
- 2 packets Maggi
- 3 tbsp oil
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 onion
- 2 green chili
- 1 tomato
- 1 capsicum
- ½ cup shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp red chili sauce
- 1 tbsp schezwan sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- ½ tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- ¼ cup chopped spring onions
- Coriander for garnishing
- Take a large pan and boil the two packets of Maggi in it. Also, add one tablespoon of oil to it.
- Once it is done, strain the excess water and keep the Maggi aside to cool down. You can also wash the cooked Maggi under cold water to stop the cooking process. The Maggi should not stick as we have added the oil.
- Now chop the vegetables. Chop ginger and garlic into small pieces. Chop onion, capsicum, carrot, green chili, and tomato into thin juliennes, the same shape like you see in Chowmein. They have to be long and thin. Shred the cabbage too.
- Now heat some oil in a Kadhai on high heat.
- When the oil heats up, add minced ginger and garlic to it. Keep the flame high at this point. Be careful. Don’t let the garlic and ginger burn.
- After that, add chopped onions, capsicum, cabbage, and carrot to the Kadhai. Lower the flame and cook these vegetables for about a minute or two. We don’t want them mushy. Everyone likes crunchy vegetables in Chowmein. So, cook them for just a few minutes or until they lose their rawness.
- When the vegetables get cooked, add the spices to it. Add the salt, red chili powder, and black pepper powder to it. It is also the right time to add the Maggi masala. Cook all of these spices nicely on a low flame. Stir constantly. You can even add some water to it if it dries up.
- Now take all the sauces as mentioned in the ingredient list and mix them all together in a small bowl. When mixed properly, add this mixture to the Kadhai. You can also add a pick of sugar here to the sauce mix. It will enhance its flavor.
- Then you need to cook everything together for some time. Stir it continuously until it comes to a boil. You can boil it on high flame but remember to lower it again when you add the Maggi noodles.
- Now, add the boiled Maggi noodles to the Kadhai. Mix everything well.
- You need to be gentle otherwise the Maggi noodles will break. After mixing, cover it and let it be for about a minute.
- Then open the lid and garnish it with while sesame seeds, spring onions, and coriander.
- Your Chinese Maggi is ready! Enjoy!
Try this recipe if you are bored of having the same old fried or plain Maggi. Give your taste buds a party of flavors with this amazing fusion. Trust me, it tastes so good with the sauces and the iconic Maggi masala that it will instantly be the star of any event or gathering. So beware! If you are going to make it for a party, make lots of it. I mean it is Maggi with another star- Chowmerin. It has to be good! People will go crazy over it. Let me know in the comments below, how you liked this recipe. And don’t forget to share it with your friends too, so that they can make it for you!