Some melted butter, sugar, egg, flour and loads of chocolate will guarantee you the yummiest chocolate chip cookies ever! The amazing flavour of Nutella along with the perfectly sweet, buttery and chewy texture of these cookies is unmatched and out-of-this-world delicious. Cookies make a great gift for any occasion and are also affordable if you are trying to stick on a budget.
Cookies are also known as ‘Biscuits’ in some English-speaking countries. Variants of cookies include- Snickerdoodles, Oreos, custard creams, bourbons and sandwich biscuits. They can also be filled with a marshmallow or jam filling or covered in chocolate or sugar coatings. Cookies are usually served with tea, coffee or milk and are sometimes dunked to soften the texture of the cookie.
People usually complain that their cookies are not as gooey or not as chewy as the store-bought or bakery cookies. Here are a few things that you can follow to turn your cookies from flat to fabulous.
How to Make Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies
Melted Butter– Melting the butter is important to get chewy and delicious cookies. However, too much butter is also not good so make sure you use the flour accordingly.
Cornflour- Cornflour helps in making the cookies chewy and also help in making thick cookies. Although, if you want to make them crunchy then skip the cornflour.
Do not Over-bake the cookies- The most important tip to make the cookies chewy is not to over-bake them. When you take out the cookies from the oven, they will be a little doughy and will look undone. But they are not and when you let the cookies cool down, they will attain the proper texture like bakery cookies.
Use Loads of Chocolate- This one doesn’t even need an explanation!
Ultra-thick chocolate chip cookies with gooey Nutella centre. They are so fun to make and will be ready in less than 20 minutes. So, let’s bake cookies!
Try these cookies with chocolate chunks or M&Ms. Also, do not forget to read the tips at the end of the recipe.
Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted Butter, melted and slightly cooled down
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup White Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 ½ cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 Tablespoon Cornflour (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¾ cup Chocolate Chips or Chunks of Chocolate
- Lots of Nutella
Preparing your Nutella filling
- Take a baking tray or a plate and line it with parchment paper. Take spoonfuls of Nutella and drop them on cookie sheet. Place the tray in the freezer to harden the Nutella.
Preparing cookie dough
- In a standing mixer whisk together 1 cup butter, ¾ cup brown sugar and ½ cup white sugar. You can whisk it manually as well. Mix until there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Add the egg and the extra yolk carefully to the mixer and whisk it. Add 2 tsp vanilla extract and whisk a little.
- In another bowl sieve all the dry ingredients- ½ tsp salt, 2 and ½ cup All-Purpose Flour, 1 Tbsp. cornflour and 1 tsp baking soda. Mix all the dry ingredients using a spoon or a spatula.
- Add all the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient mixture and mix with a spatula.
- Add the chocolate chip cookies to the cookie dough and mix. Let the cookie dough chill for at least 2 to 3 hours before using.
Baking the Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180oC and line the baking tray with parchment paper or silicone sheet and set aside.
- Take about 1 and ½ Tbsp. sized cookie dough and put the frozen Nutella in the middle of the dough. Roll the dough into balls until the Nutella is completely covered. Repeat the same process with all the cookies.
- Place the rolled cookie dough on the baking tray. The social distancing of cookie dough is important or the cookies will stick together. Set the approximately 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes so that the edges of the cookies turn slightly brown.
- Let them rest on the baking tray and cool down for another 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack so that they cool down completely.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Do not add salt to the cookie dough if using salted butter.
- You can skip the Nutella as it just enhances the taste of the cookies.
- Mix the batter until it is smooth. No lumps should be there or they will ruin the texture of the cookies.
- Let the cookie dough chill for 2 to 3 hours so that it does not spread too much while baking.
- For best results, always use measuring spoons. Also, add the ingredients in the order mentioned.
Do yourself a favour and try these deliciously amazing cookies along with a glass of milk. These are seriously the best chocolate chip cookies you will ever have. Do not wait and try this recipe right now. Maybe even make a giant monster cookie next time.