Street style Maggi recipe is one of the most eaten variants of Maggi. It is relished by many people on the streets. The amazing thing about it is that it is served and made in different styles in every city. So if you are from Mumbai, your street style Maggi is totally different from the Maggi in Delhi or in any other place.
This is a great snack to have when you are having cravings to eat something tasty and spicy! This is easy to make and tastes so wonderful. You can prepare it with anything you have in your fridge. It is just a one-pot meal, so no need for fancy cooking utensils. We will make the whole dish in a single pan without any hassle. Apart from being delicious, it gets ready in just ten minutes. And this is great! So if you don’t have much time, but want some homemade goodness, you can try this recipe. But if you have some time and want something fancy, you can also try my Italian Maggi recipe if you love Maggi and Italian cuisine.
You must have seen many street vendors making Maggi in just minutes! Today, I am going to share their secret way and make street-style Maggi at home. Street food is not always healthy but it is tasty, without a doubt! It is also a great recipe for people who avoid street food due to the poor hygiene conditions but want a taste of it. We will begin with water in a pot and keep adding vegetables to it. The secret is the vegetables in the water! Yes, this is it! When the vegetables boil in the water it leaves their flavor in the water and then we boil the noodles in the same water. This gives the noodles a unique taste. Along with all the other Masalas and spices, it tastes heavenly. So, without further ado, let’s begin with the recipe!
Street Style Maggi Recipe
- 2 packets Maggi
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion
- 1 green chili
- 1 tomato
- ½ capsicum
- 2 tablespoon of sweet corn
- ½ cups of French beans
- 1 carrot
- ½ cup peas
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper powder
- ½ tablespoon roasted cumin powder
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- Coriander for garnishing
- Take a large pan and fill it with 3 cups of water. Put it on a high flame and start boiling it.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter into it.
- Chop all the vegetables and add them to the boiling water. You can chop the vegetables in any way you like. Most probably, street vendors chop them roughly but I prefer finely chopped veggies. So go for what you like. Add onions, green chili, tomato, carrot, capsicum, sweet corn, french beans, and peas.
- When the vegetables are done or cooked properly. Add all the spices. Add salt, red chili powder, black pepper powder, and roasted cumin powder into the boiling veggies in water.
- When everything is mixed, add in the Maggi noodles. Cook it for some time.
- When the Maggi is cooked completely, and no water is left, add the Maggi masala. You can also leave some water in it if you like.
- Then add two tablespoons of tomato ketchup to it. Give it a mix so that everything combines well.
- Turn off the flame and serve it in a dish. Enjoy!
Street style Maggi is an easy peasy recipe that gets ready in just minutes and can be enjoyed any time of the day. Have it for lunch, dinner, or as a snack. It tastes so good with all the vegetables. But if you want to skip the veggies, you can totally do so. I hope you like this recipe. Tell me in the comments below, how did it taste!